Friends of Clevedon Town AFC are made up of a group of people who decided that they wanted to help out the Football Club by raising money for the benefit of the players of Clevedon Town AFC.
There are two ways in which the money is raised, firstly, each member who signs up to join the group agrees to pay, by Standing Order, each month a fixed amount in to a Bank Account set up in the group name. Currently the minimum amount set for the monthly payment is £10, with no upper limit. Secondly the group run several fund raising events over the season and during the closed season where any money raised will go in to the account. Events include Race Nights and Quiz Nights.
Friends of Clevedon Town also run weekly Walking Football sessions at The Hand Stadium. Walking Football sessions are held every Thursday morning 10:30 am – 11:30 am and Friday evenings 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm. The sessions take place on the 3G pitch, so no metal studs are allowed. The cost is £3 per session. Whilst open to all ages, walking football is particularly suited to those more mature people who would otherwise struggle to play football at normal pace. The sessions are proving more and more popular and are raising in excess of £200 every month.
The group is run by an elected Committee consisting of a Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer (who are the Management Committee) plus a minimum of two other members all elected at an Annual General Meeting.
Money raised will be used at the discretion of the Committee for the sole benefit of the players, e.g. If the manager feels that he needs training equipment to help the players in their match preparation, he will put his case to the Committee who will either make a decision or, if need be, call a full meeting to discuss the request (this will depend on the amount of money involved).
The Friends of Clevedon Town AFC are completely independent of the football club as far as finances are concerned and are therefore controlling their own funds.
The organisation has a set of rules to govern itself and anyone who joins the group will be given a copy of the rules so that everyone is aware of how things work. Anyone can join the group, all you need to do is contact one of the Committee Members who will be able to give you a Membership Form and details of how to set up your standing order.
If you feel you would like to join the group or would like more information, please talk to one of the Committee Members, Sandor Haasz (Chairman), Tony Merrett (Secretary), Dave Wright (Treasurer), Sam Hibbs or Roy Brereton.
Supporters of Clevedon Town AFC
Friends of Clevedon Town would like to thank the following businesses for their support:
- Adam’s Barbershop – 1 Chapel Hill, Clevedon, BS21 7NL – 07748 907884
- Alexandra Road News – 16 Alexandra Road, Clevedon, BS21 7QE – 01275 340281
- Arnett’s Cosy Kitchen – Old Street, Clevedon, BS21 6ND – 01275 876160
- Bocabar Bristol – Paintworks Central Trading Estate, Bath Road, Paintworks, Bristol, BS4 3EH – Website
- Cafe Solo – 22 Old Church Road, Clevedon, BS21 6LY – 01275 873222
- Clevedon Triangle Club – 1-3 Old Church Road, Clevedon, BS21 6LZ – Website
- Clives Yatton news – 106A High Street, Yatton, BS49 4DW – 01934 833194
- Contract Hire (Clevedon) Ltd – 18 Alexandra Road, Clevedon, BS21 7QE – Website
- Jet Shoes – 18A Lower Queen’s Road, Clevedon, BS21 6LX (Opposite Morrisons) – 01275 875120
- JW Barbers – 73 High Street, Nailsea, BS48 1AW – Facebook
- Morrisons – Clevedon Triangle Centre, Clevedon, BS21 6HX – Website
- Monsoon indian cuisine – 33 Old Church Road, Clevedon, BS21 6NN – Website
- Quality News – 115 Old Street, Clevedon, BS21 6BP – 01275 218298
- Six Way Sports – 4 Alexandra Road, Clevedon, BS21 7QE – 01275 872814
- The Barber Shop – 36 Old Street, Clevedon, BS21 6BU – 07824 314364
- The Veg Box – 17 Old Street, Clevedon, BS21 6BY – Website
- Yatton Post Office – 69 High Street, Yatton, BS49 4EQ – 01934 832201